Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 389675 - PFCG File Format for Uploading Menus to User Roles

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This [note|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/389675] is about an old, but still working upload file format. However, there are new possible menu entries which are not mentioned in the upload format example.

Does anybody have experience with creating upload files containing SAPSCRIPT entries or RFC functions?

Thanks in advance

Jurjen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC functions work for download and upload. The only problems I had was the description from the description and not all languages maintained.

Have not fiddled with the file format yet though.

Cheers,

Julius

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC functions work for download and upload. The only problems I had was the description from the description and not all languages maintained.

Have not fiddled with the file format yet though.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

> RFC functions work for download and upload. The only problems I had was the description from the description and not all languages maintained.

Thanks for that. I prefer to stay away from the download/upload ast this moment.

> Have not fiddled with the file format yet though.

Let's explain what I am trying to accomplish: We have 1000+ roles at the customer site with a more or less messy menu. I want to reorganize all role menus bases on a new general menu and the roles' present transaction assignments. Using the upload format I can re-enter tailormade role menus with a new structure and regenerate the roles' original profile as-is. In this way I hope to improve the menu without the risk of actually changeing the role's functionality.

For this I need to be able to get at least SAPSCRIPT entries into the upload format. I've tried to fiddle a bit and it seems to work but I'd like some second opinion(s).

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

What I meant is that if you add a query / RFC / URL etc to a role and download it, then you should see the format?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

> What I meant is that if you add a query / RFC / URL etc to a role and download it, then you should see the format?

The PFCG download/upload format is not relatable to the format described in the note. PFCG downloads contain table entries in fixed record length format. This differs from the menu upload file format.

I've already gotten a bit further myself, by debugging while uploading a menu file. It looks like the program knows a few types and considers everything else to be "OT" for other type and that's exactly what I find in AGR_HIER. Now I have to find out how to combine the entries in AGR_HIER and AGR_BUFFI into one line which the PFCG can read. For SAPSCRIPT it seems to be the document class immediately followed by the document.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Okay, I read the note all the way to the end now...

Though I think you could still build your new general roles' menu this way for single roles and then...

(Just joking - I misunderstood).

I don't know how to extend "OT" to differentiate, and if anything else is "OT" then I guess it is missing functionality...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Well, I've been fiddling a bit further and found that PFCG will fill the tables AGR_HIER, AGR_HIERT and AGR_BUFFI correctly when using the following format (extended from note 389675):

FORMAT              1.2B
NODE                000020000100001YOUR_OWN_TYPE       node information for node A
TEXT                00002ENThis is the text for node A in English
TEXT                00002DEThis should be the text for node A in German
TEXT                00002FRThis should be the text for node A in French
NODE                000030000100002FOLDER
TEXT                00003ENThis is the text for node B in English
TEXT                00003DEThis should be the text for node B in German
TEXT                00003FRThis should be the text for node B in French
NODE                000040000300001YOUR_OWN_TYPE       node information for node C
TEXT                00004ENThis is the text for node C in English
TEXT                00004DEThis should be the text for node C in German
TEXT                00004FRThis should be the text for node C in French
NODE                000050000300002URL                 http://www.mysap.com
TEXT                00005ENThis is the text for node D in English
TEXT                00005DEThis should be the text for node D in German
TEXT                00005FRThis should be the text for node D in French
NODE                000060000300003TRANSACTION         PFCG
TEXT                00006ENThis is the text for node E in English
TEXT                00006DEThis should be the text for node E in German
TEXT                00006FRThis should be the text for node E in French
NODE                000070000300004SERVICE             OTSERVICE             BAPI_ACTTYPE_CREATEMULTIPLE   RF
TEXT                00007ENThis is the text for node F in English
TEXT                00007DEThis should be the text for node F in German
TEXT                00007FRThis should be the text for node F in French
NODE                000080000300005SAPSCRIPT           SIMGAUDIT_FI_AQAU00PD
TEXT                00008ENThis is the text for node G in English
TEXT                00008DEThis should be the text for node G in German
TEXT                00008FRThis should be the text for node G in French

It basically turns out that:

The node type, in AGR_HIER to be found in the field REPORT goes in character 36 thru 55.

The node information, character 56-310 is filled with the information that has to go into the field URL of AGR_BUFFI.