Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need input on best methodology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, and please let me know which forum to ask this if this is not correct.

Our company A was taken over by another company B, and now we have to merge the company codes so as to display the Company B logo, address information and bank information on all the customer facing documents, most of which comes from configs like Company code master, House bank info and stuff.

So we have a project going to change many of the documents like the SO acknowledgements and billing invoices.

The only problem we have here is that the business wants to still see the old information for the documents created before the go-live date and they want to see the new information on the documents created after the go-live date.

We are now not sure of the best approach to go about and not sure how we are going to do this, or even if this is acheivable in the first place.

It would be great if you guys can put in some ideas if any you guys have to handle this situation.

Thanks,

Tatvagna Shah.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure if you want to do it like this:

In SAPSCRIPT i think you use LOGO's and standart-text etc. I would insert IF statements for

current date (or other dates).

example for logos: if date > 01.12.2009 BITMAP 1 else BITMAP 2.

I hope i give you a little idea how to handle it.

Regards, Dieter

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure if you want to do it like this:

In SAPSCRIPT i think you use LOGO's and standart-text etc. I would insert IF statements for

current date (or other dates).

example for logos: if date > 01.12.2009 BITMAP 1 else BITMAP 2.

I hope i give you a little idea how to handle it.

Regards, Dieter

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tatvagna,

we had something simliar and used this approach:

- create customizing table with one field as flag defined as key named 'NEW_WORLD' (or something like that).

- create maintenance view for this table, where we can switch from old to new world.

- create a class ZSWITCH with static method IS_NEW returning the flag in the table

- identify all code where we have to change something.

- modify the code like

IF ZSWITCH=>IS_NEW( ) IS INITIAL.
* old company handling here
ELSE.
* new company handling here
ENDIF.

In SAPscript/Smartforms you have to set a global variable

GV_NEW = ZSWITCH=>IS_NEW( )

in calling program and use it in the script accordingly.

The advantage is that you can change the customizing value back and forth to test all development.

Regards,