Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigate from ALV list to normal Report

ramesh_putta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am working on a ALV report where it will display the list of materials and by selecting these materials from the list and process them using a custom button , it should take me to the normal report which give the log from that material processing.

Any ideas navigating from AVL to normal report in the same program would be appriciated.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Why you want a normal report .. don't you feel that the look and feel should be same for logs as well.

You can dispaly the logs in a dialog box say on push-button .

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using GRID for displaying ALV, then you can use LEAVE TO LIST PROCESSING event.

0 Kudos

Thank you both for your time.

Venkateshwar Rao... thats the exact answer i was looking for . thank you.

One other thing i noticed is, when i use leave to list processing, my top of page is not getting triggered. And in the secondary list somehow it displays the text ' Dynamic List display' which i would like to get rid of.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Hi,

if you use drill down you have to define header print twice:

TOP-OF-PAGE.

perform 050print_header .

END-OF-PAGE.

TOP-OF-PAGE DURING LINE-SELECTION.

perform 050print_header .

END-OF-PAGE.

0 Kudos

Thanks for you responce.

Printing header twice doesnt work either. It may work in classic seconday list reports but here Iam coming from ALV to classic report. And iam missing the top of page in classic report (secondary).