Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Conditions in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the following conditions were inserted in Smartforms on the same conditions tab (with an implied AND between the first two lines) like such:

COND1 = A

COND2 = B

OR

COND3 = C

Which of these would it act like

( COND1 = A and COND2 = B ) or COND3 = C

COND1 = A and ( COND2 = B or COND3 = C )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi,

That is depend on inserting the OR condition, if you insert the OR after the first COND1 COND2 then it may act as ( COND1 = A and COND2 = B ) or COND3 = C

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Condition tab,

In the Field Name give the COND1 and in the Comparision value give the value A, then same for the COND2 after this Press <b>Inser OR</b> button (2nd button from the right) then write the COND3 and the Comparision value..

Hope this will work

Regards

Sudheer

0 Kudos

I understand how to insert the conditions.

My question is regarding the actions of entering these conditions. Would it interpret the AND first or the OR first?

0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

It depends on how you use them within the brackets.Any thing within one bracket can be treated as one condition.

0 Kudos

There are no brackets in Smartforms conditions tab

You enter them laterally like so

COND1

COND2

COND3

with the option of adding "OR" in between. If no ORs are added there is an implied "AND".

Former Member

Hi,

That is depend on inserting the OR condition, if you insert the OR after the first COND1 COND2 then it may act as ( COND1 = A and COND2 = B ) or COND3 = C

0 Kudos

So if the conditions are entered as:

COND1

OR

COND2

COND3

then the OR will get executed first as in

(COND1 or COND2) and COND3

Is that correct?

0 Kudos

Yes perfect.

0 Kudos

Ok...so based on your answer the following logic would be impossible to enter in a conditions tab in Smartforms

(A and B) or (C and D)

If I entered

CONDA

CONDB

OR

CONDC

CONDD

then it would act like (((CONDA and CONDB) or CONDC) and CONDD)

0 Kudos

Yes.