Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more pages are printed than are displayed in the SAP spool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

When I try to print my Form it is printing more number of pages than the pages mentioned in the SAP spool .

When I use LOCL it prints correctly but when i use my printer it is printing in 4 pages instead of 3 ( only 1 line in page 4) .

I went through SAP note 369354 , but I want another work around  ... Please help

Thank you ,

Bharathi

8 REPLIES 8

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of "Form" are you printing, and what is the SAP device type used for your printer? SAP note 369354 talks about Abap Lists (normally not referred to as "Forms").

cheers

Janis

0 Kudos

Hi Janis ,

thank you for your reply .. I am trying to print a Purchase order....

when i try to print it using ..printer "CP21" .. it prints 4 pages  ..but when i use LOCL it prints 3 pages corectly..

Bharathi

0 Kudos

Hi,

I meant - what is it technically: a SapScript form, Smartform or Adobe Interactive form? Or some other type of form..?

If it is one of the first two, could you please download as text file and attach the spool request for the printer CP21 in RAW format using transaction SP01:

- display list of spool requests;

- from the menu choose Goto->Display Requests->Settings...

- choose Display Mode: Raw and confirm

- display spool request

- from the menu choose Spool Request->Forward->Save to local file...

Also, for the printer CP21, what is the device type (when you display device in transaction SPAD), and when you navigate to device type using menu Goto->Device type, what is the Driver for Sapscript handling?

I have never encountered the problem you describe and am simply trying to gather at least some technical information we could work with...

I'm not qualified enough to help with the Adobe Forms troubleshooting, I'm afraid.

cheers

Janis

0 Kudos

Hi Janis ..

Thank you for your reply ..

I am using a report to print .. and printer driver is HP Laser Jet  Driver PCL4/PCL5.

Regards,

Bharathi

0 Kudos

sorry its an SAP script .. not a report ..

0 Kudos

Hi,

The answers to many questions would be answered at once, if it would be possible for you to download in Raw format and attach here the spool request, which results in 4 pages printed instead of the 3 displayed... (using the instructions from my Jun 17, 2014 9:19 PM post) Are the instructions not clear, or are you having other problem?

If not, could you display device CP21 in transaction SPAD and write down or take screenshots of:

- the name of Device Type (name, not description) on Device Attributes tab;

- Host Spool Access Method on Access Method tab;

- Page Formats used on Tray Info tab.

What page formats does the Sapscript Form use?

Are other forms printing fine on CP21?

cheers

Janis

0 Kudos

Hi Janis ,

Please find the sreen shot of SPAD ... for that printer ..

And Tray info is empty .

the same document from sap script from locl is 3 pages and with this it is 4 pages ..

the difference is that the distance between the words is more in the 4 page document

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, thank you, and could you please display in transaction SE71 the Header of the Sapscript Form, swithch to "Basic Settings" and take a screenshot, then switch to "Page windows" and take a screenshot. What physical paper size does the printer use - A4?

At the moment I have two suspicions:

1. According to 85469 - Options for the SAPSprint print server tool, there is an option of SAPSprint, which sounds somewhat troubling (unfortunately, I have no experience with SAPSprint):

"Key: use_old_fontsize [printer-specific]

Default: 0

Other values: 1, 2, 3

Effect:
0 = use new calculation type for the font sizes (this is the same for Win3.1, Win95 and NT). In addition, this mode is compatible with other
device types such as HPLJ4 and Postscript.
1, 3 = use previous (incorrect) calculation type so that you do not have to redefine SAPscript layout sets.
2, 3 = use old (incorrect) calculation type for font sizes that are derived from the horizontal DBI value. However, it is correct to use the
vertical DPI value."

Are you able to do administrative tasks on SAPSprint - like changing this option, to do troubleshooting? If not, you might thave to try to change form(s)...

2. Does the LOCL use different Device Type (printer Driver) and/or Host Spool Access Method from CP21? In my experience that is a recipe for various formating problems, for form output not looking the same on different printers, etc. I can only reccomend using the same printer Driver for all SAP output devices used to output (the same) Sapscript/Smartforms: Postscript, HPL2 or SWIN and never try to mix... If you must deal with different printer Drivers, try to follow the advice in 90437 - Alignment for different device types, but in my experience it is impossible (or too time consuming) to deal with different drivers to the satisfaction of users. I have, however, never experienced that extra pages come out due to allignment issues.

cheers

Janis