Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror Image of SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to view the data's from SAP DB into Non-SAP System application as mirror image n seamlessly intergrate between each other. And when there are changes in SAP DB will it refelect in Non-SAP application for viewing using a middleware.

If yes pls do tell me how to do this n the necessary configuration to be made in the system.

Any suggestions and help will be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regds.

Ramesh.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I am really not sure as of what is the requirement here. If you need the data in a Non SAP Application, you could as well read the database using Remote Function Call and I really dont see any requirement of configuring.

Can you please explain it further?

Regards,

Srikanth

0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

We hav a .Net application which should b linked with SAP System through a middleware, the task is that the Master data's in the SAP like material number, sales order number etc etc. should be visble in the .Net application, n if they change any details in SAP Master,it should also refelect in the .Net application immmediatley. This process should be continious n seamless, like a mirror image of SAP Master details in .Net application.

Is it Possible?

Thanks & Regds.

Ramesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I have no idea how .NET runs. As far as I see as a technology, .NET must be getting data from some DB server instead I suggest you to make a RFC(A remote function call) and get the latest data from SAP.

And secondly continuos update of a database would surely result in performance problems and also synchronising problems. Say if you have to mirror the whole data in someother DB, and say if there is a change in your SAP, how would you ensure that the interface you have used to put modified data from SAP to other DB wherever the .NET application is reading from didnt fail. What will you do if the data synchronisation fails here.

It is no doubt complicated. I would rather ask you to use RFCs or a .NET adapter to read data from SAP instead of mirroring it. But let us keep this open for other experts to comment as well.

Regards,

Srikanth

0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Instead of constantly monitoring or mirroring the data's of SAP i think it is advisiable to update the .Net application when there is change in SAP System thro any other modes?

If yes do suggest me the possible ways n procedure to do it.

Thanks & Regds.

Ramesh.