Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message while executing the report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While executing a Z report i am getting a message "Memmory Low. Please leave the transaction before taking a break".

Any inputs on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Uday

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Please check the sap note 116042 i.e., Note 116042 - Message "Memory low."

Symptom

In any transaction, the following message is generated at the bottom of the screen 00072 "Memory low. Leave the transaction before taking a break!").

User and system adminstrators do not know how they should respond to this message.

For detail please check the above mention sap note.

Regards,

Md Ziauddin.

4 REPLIES 4

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

analyse perfomance with S_MEMORY_INSPECTOR, sm50, sm04, st05, se30...

A.

former_member233090
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

ohh thats a memory issue... the max as an abaper you can do is to refresh all the internal tables which you think are no more used ahead... and see if that error jumped off... else that's a message which need to be taken care by ur basis team, who set the program limit to be some X MB or X KB.

The long-term solution is to reduce the amount of memory your program uses by doing "FREE itab" (not REFRESH itab).

If you want a quick technical fix, ask your BC people to run report RSMEMORY via SA38 and temporarily raise the memory quota.

cheers

Bhavana

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you get this message every time you execute the Z report or only sometimes?

We do get these kind of messages if the server memory is low.

Check with your Basis team if they can increase the memory or may be applying some patches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Please check the sap note 116042 i.e., Note 116042 - Message "Memory low."

Symptom

In any transaction, the following message is generated at the bottom of the screen 00072 "Memory low. Leave the transaction before taking a break!").

User and system adminstrators do not know how they should respond to this message.

For detail please check the above mention sap note.

Regards,

Md Ziauddin.