Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of Warning Message

tiamtjai_goh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have an INCLUDE, say the name is "Z_INCLUDE". I have included it in a program, say the program name is "Z_REPORT". When I perform syntax check in ABAP Editor, the following warning message appears for every single subroutine in Z_INCLUDE.

-

Include Z_INCLUDE

There should only be definitions in the TOP include (or nested includes within it). This means that any sort of implementations (CLASS... IMPLEMENTATION, FORM..., FUNCTION) is not meaningful.

-

01. What does the warning message mean?

02. How do I get rid of it?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Goh Tiam Tjai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Goh Tiam Tjai!

Your include is named z_...TOP. Normally we place only data definitions inside such an include, coding should be in includes with an other name - that's all.

Just compare the structure (SE80) of any SAP transaction: you will get an impression of the standard usage.

Regards,

Christian

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Warning messages W are processed according to the context in which they occur.

1)Messages Without Screens:-

In PBO context program continues processing after the MESSAGE statement otherwise, program terminates and control returns to point from which the program was called.

2)Messages on Screens:-

Warning messages are not possible in POH or POV processing.

PAI processing is terminated, and control returns to the current screen. All of the screen fields for which there is a FIELD or CHAIN statement are ready for input. The user must enter a new value. The system then restarts PAI processing for the screen using the new values.

3)Messages on Selection Screens:-

Selection screen processing terminates, and the selection screen is redisplayed.

4)Messages in Function Modules and Methods:-

Warning messages are ignored in this case.

Thanks,

Pramod

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Goh Tiam Tjai!

Your include is named z_...TOP. Normally we place only data definitions inside such an include, coding should be in includes with an other name - that's all.

Just compare the structure (SE80) of any SAP transaction: you will get an impression of the standard usage.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could U please paste your coding.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

what is there in the Z_include.

thanks

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It is because of the name of the include z...._top.

change the name of the include to z... without any <b>top</b> at the end. then there wont be any problem.

Report ztest99.

*include ztest99i_top.

include ztest99i.

start-of-selection.

perform add.

Regards,

Sailaja.

tiamtjai_goh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Apparently, I named my include as Z_HEAD_TOP. The "TOP" word should not be at the end of the include name. Thanks Christian.

Regards,

Goh Tiam Tjai