Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBST BDC and Ztable filed to be update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

In BDC Call transaction for MBST reversal postings After the BDC Success posting the indicator field from Ztable should update to blank and I need to print the error records and success records as well. I am sending the steps that I am doing. Please validate.

1) Fethcing the records from Z (BUKRS,BDS RefNo,Budat ) where indicator is 'X'.

2) Based on Budat and bds reference number I am fetching records from MSEG and MKPF by joining these two tables into an final internal table.

3) looping to the final internal table I am doing the BDC posting the data to MBST.

4) inside the call transaction if sy-subrc = 0 then for that success records I need to set the Z table indicator as Blank. for this I am using the query

UPDATE z SET filed = ' '

WHERE key fields in Z table.

<b>COMMIT WORK.</b>

I am able to get the records are posted but the indicator is setting as it is and it is not moving blank after posting.

Could you please help me asap.

Regards,

<b>Guest.</b>

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please post the code for step 4 and the update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure sy-subrc is 0 after a successful call to the transaction? Some transactions return 0 when they fail, so I assume, that it could be non-zero even though it works. The safest thing to do is to put the messages returned from the transaction into a table and then analyze the table to see if the transaction worked or not.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take care of 2 things.

1. Your update statement should be called after successful posting within the loop..endloop statement where you are calling BDC.

2. Try

UPDATE Ztable SET field_indicator = ' '

WHERE key1 = ztable-field1 AND

key2 = ztable-field1 AND

keyn = ztable-fieldn.

and check the sy-subrc after Update statement in debug mode.

Cheers,

Vikram

Pls reward for helpful replies!!