Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max. records in Range table used in Select .. IN ?

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Does somebody knows wich is the max. amount of records in a RANGES table used in Select Comand:

select xxxx FROM table

where field IN range_table.

That, because i found severeal times programs aborting for this cause, so i changed this condition to an ALL ENTRIES.

Regards

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Refer sap note number: 635318

and the link:

Regards,

ravi

7 REPLIES 7

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi, when working with a select-options, I have ran into a problem where it will not except more than so many single values. I don't know the exact number, but it is between 750 and 1000. At least in my system.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's no real limit to the number of entries in the range table. The limit is on the size of the statement that can be passed to your database. I think your DBAs would be able to help you better with this.

Rob

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Refer sap note number: 635318

and the link:

Regards,

ravi

0 Kudos

Hi

How can i see a SAP Note ?

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos

If you have an S-User ID, you can view the notes in

service.sap.com site.

To get an S-User Id, go here.

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/002006825000100141192000E/

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It really depends on the table and DB settings.

Check with your DBA folks.

On our system it's ~ 400-500 for most of the tables.

NOTE: as it depends on DB settings - it may be different on your development system and on your production system.

For all entries does ntohave this limitation as it's being split into several selects, you can see it in the trace.

celito
0 Kudos

"When the SQL statement is generated at runtime, you should check the following restrictions and divide or reduce the statement if necessary. The static length (in the ABAP editor) of any ABAP command must not exceed 28672 characters. In Open SQL commands with dynamic subclauses

(WHERE, GROUP BY, ORDER BY, and so on), the subclauses cannot contain more than 28672 characters. "