Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max. No. of IDOCs SAP can process !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I like to process Invoice txn in SAP. Invoice data I am getting from a Legacy system via IDOC. The expected no. of txns per day wud be 400K. does SAP handle 400K IDOCs without big performance degradation.

Thank You,

Senthil

4 REPLIES 4

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil!

Of course such an answer depends strongly on your system. In general 400K invoice lines / day are possible - but also the content of the docs is important:

- do you need a new pricing (maybe with lots of exceptions)?

- do you use structured materials?

- do you use batchs (VBRP-CHARG)?

- is your number range buffering set up to avoid locks?

Surely such a number can't be processed in one single session, you need parallel execution: the number of available sessions is important for the performance; also the reduced free sessions might be a visible performance impact.

And I hope you were talking about lines, not documents...

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

once we had a situationin which we submitted 1000 IDoc's at a time. but that was material data. may be in ur case u should go for even lesser.

reward if useful...

0 Kudos

It depends upon the System load and cache memory availabilty.

You can change the settings in number of idocs to be processed.

I would suggest you to process the idocs in background. I hope it does not cause any problem since it a background.

Regards

Vivek

Reward points if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

it depends also on the time dustribution of your IDOCs, if you get all 400K at once (within a short time frame) - you may be in trouble, if that's the case - I would either process them in background in parallel restricitng posting to a particular server group, or process them on a separate server/server group where there are no end-users, otherwise your users may experience performance problem as IDOCs may keep all WPs busy.

Besides, if your IDOCs are set to post immediately SAP requires 2 WPs per IDOC ... if there are no free WPs - IDOC may remain in status 64 and you'll need to run a job to post it later.