Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max. no of columns in ALV Excel download

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've a problem regarding the download of data from alv report's that have more than 99 columns.

I have searched the forum but couldn't find a right answer.

It is being done by standard option and not by custom functionality is there any way where we can increase this limitation.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if there is a way it for more columns using that function. But I suggest you to use excel inplace tool. With excel inplace users directly display and maintain values in SAP screen and they can save final document without any limits I think. Just go to change layout-> view and choose microsoft excel. To be able to display excel using this option macro security in installed MS Excel should be in low and VB script execution must be on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The simple list display of the ALV (ALV classic) can only display 99 fields (columns). Since the ALV classic is the basis for printing and download, only 99 columns are available here as well. The ALV Grid Control can display more than 99 columns.So go for the ALV Grid Control than ALV Classic,

Thanks,

LN

0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick replies , but in my case it is a standard functionality and when i checked it is using the ALV_GRID Function module to display the ALV output ...so is there any possibility where i can change this restrcition as it is happening in one of the standard tcode

0 Kudos

I have used following options to download 310 columns to excels.

List->Export-Spreadsheet->Excel (in MHTML Format ).

Than save that file in .xlsx format.

It worked for me.