Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material serial numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are working with material serial numbers in MM and SD.

those serial numbers have different statuses. because some status was set wrong with a material movement, I need to set manually a status for that specific material serial number.

With transaction IQ02 it does not work.

does anyone know if in which tables the status information is stored? Can I set the status directly in a table with SE16n?

Thanks,

Markus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The status of the Serial Numbers are stored in table JEST. This information is stored against the Object numbers.

For example - Refer to view V_EQUI, pass the material and Serial number, you will get the related Object number. You can pass this Object number to JEST. It will give you the Status Codes ( like I012 I013) , You can pass the status codes(JEST-STAT) to TJ02T for having the Status texts (CRTD, DLFL etc).

You can use FM - STATUS_SET_INTERN for forcefully changing the Status. but this might affect data integrity and create conflicts.

To edit the System status of the Serial number , you will have to go via the Standard Transactions ( may be u can cancel the Materail Movement first).

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi markus

pls check MSEG table

it has the serial no of material

it may be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

The status of the Serial Numbers are stored in table JEST. This information is stored against the Object numbers.

For example - Refer to view V_EQUI, pass the material and Serial number, you will get the related Object number. You can pass this Object number to JEST. It will give you the Status Codes ( like I012 I013) , You can pass the status codes(JEST-STAT) to TJ02T for having the Status texts (CRTD, DLFL etc).

You can use FM - STATUS_SET_INTERN for forcefully changing the Status. but this might affect data integrity and create conflicts.

To edit the System status of the Serial number , you will have to go via the Standard Transactions ( may be u can cancel the Materail Movement first).