Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Availability Check Web service required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am after a standard web service that accepts a material code and returns a plant/location/s and availability/quantity.

ex:

input: code:CMA0001

output: plant: E100 QTY 3

plant: E200 QTY 1

Any help much appreciated

Darren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can wrap the standard availability check BAPI in a web service easily...

3 REPLIES 3

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can wrap the standard availability check BAPI in a web service easily...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your fast reply.

Unfortunately I am new to SAP and web services. I have used some webservices to create Purchase requisitions, get material list and detail, etc succefully, so I am into a bit of a learning curve

Can you ellaborate a bit more. If you know at least which BAPI service I need to use will be of great help.

Kind regards,

Darren

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BAPI_MATERIAL_AVAILABILITY but plant is a required value so you would need to wrap the call and loop at the plants defined for the material and return the results in your function as a table in your export parameter definition. There are other ATP functions that may return multi-plant/storage location availability but I would stick with the BAPI for ease of use. You can create a web service with a wizard using the custom function group.