Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am working on parameters. How do we create match with parameters.

Example code :

REPORT demo_sel_screen_parameters_mco.

PARAMETERS p_carrid TYPE s_carr_id MATCHCODE OBJECT demo_f4_de.

This is code from abap docu. I dont understand demo_f4_de what this mean.Do we need to create match codes or are they avialable. if we need to create how do we create them.

Your help will be appreciated. waitibg for u'r answer.

Regrads,

Vijay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The matchcode object is a search help object. You can create these search helps via SE11.

Please see the help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/cf/21ee2b446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Regards,

Rich Heilman

6 REPLIES 6

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The matchcode object is a search help object. You can create these search helps via SE11.

Please see the help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/cf/21ee2b446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Please make sure to award points for helpful answers and mark your posts as solved when answered completely. Please remember to check your other posts as well. Thanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

I tried that way but when I try to save I think the package should be SAP package only. I am not able to save that. If I use $Tmp package it shows an error.I dont know if there is any way i can do it.I am new to abap and i dont know how to create package.

Anyway thanks for your help. I wil surely remember to award points here after.

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

If you are creating a custom search help, make sure that the object name starts with Z or Y, assign the object to either $TMP package or your custom transportable package.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

HI Rich,

Thank you very much man it worked.

Regards ,

vijay

0 Kudos

Cool, please make sure to visit your other posts as they have been answered. Pleae make sure to close them and award points if helpful. Thanks.

Regards,

Rich HEilman