Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Vendors Deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How do I do a Mass delete all Vendors

This is for testing purpose

After doing Mass deletion which table contain the deleted vendor details and the new vendor

Is there a flag set for deletion through which i could differentiate between the deleted vendor and new (Same) vendor reloaded

the reason for doing this is to retrive the latest the latest Vendors loaded in SAP

Thanks

Sherly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sherly,

When you do the deletion of the vendors either through mass production or through transaction XK06, the vendors are marked for deletion.. they are not deleted actually.

After marking for deletion the field LOEVM in vendor master table LFA1 is updated with value 'X'.

By checking the value of this flag in LFA1, you can find that which vendor is marked for deletion..

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vikas Bittera.

***Points for usefull answers ***

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you set the delete flag, the vendors will still remain on the database. As far as I know, the only way to physically remove them is by archiving them.

Rob

0 Kudos

yeah i know

The reason i am doing this is to retrive the latest Vendor Number as it is auto numbering in the system

I have to retrive all the vendor number through a script from SAP Tables

So need to know how to do the mass deleteion and where the deletion flag is set

so that i can retrive only the latest vendors instead of the deleted vendors too

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope there is no standard program to delete the all the vendors, so delevelping BDC is good option to do mass vendors deletion.

regards

*dj

reward all useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sherly,

When you do the deletion of the vendors either through mass production or through transaction XK06, the vendors are marked for deletion.. they are not deleted actually.

After marking for deletion the field LOEVM in vendor master table LFA1 is updated with value 'X'.

By checking the value of this flag in LFA1, you can find that which vendor is marked for deletion..

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vikas Bittera.

0 Kudos

Hello Vikas

Thankyou for the answer i have rewarded some points to you

Could you also plese let me know how do i do a mass production deleteion

i beleive XK06 is deleting vendor record one by one

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Sherly,

I am not very sure whether a standard SAP tool is available for mass deletion or not... But this can be acheived by writing a BDC program for transaction XK06..

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vikas Bittera.

0 Kudos

Thankyou

I will write a BDC for Mass Deletion of all the vendors

Thanks

Sherly

0 Kudos

May be you can try below FM's :

VENDOR_UPDATE

VENDOR_MAINTAIN_XK02

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

use the se16n. If the table is not editable or deletable use &sap_edit to make it editabele and delete teh entreis you want to delete.

thanks

mrutyun^