Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain text for Text-Ids

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i knew that through se75, we can get the text object, text id details.

but i would like to actually edit the text maintained for a particular text-Id. i could not find that text through SO10.

My object is VBBP, no where i could not find the actual text maintained for my text-id.

so, kidnly can someone direct me where can i find the text?

Thanks in Advance,

Sankar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you want to edit text.

- Transaction is VA02 but i suppose you know it (But I cannot recommend BDC)

- If you want to edit it programmatically, then use the FM : READ_TEXT, EDIT_TEXT, SAVE_TEXT etc. filling the key with OBJET = 'VBBP', NAME = order + line, ID = 0001 and correct language. (Many threads exist on those FM)

- You could also consider BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE (look at parameters ORDER_TEXT)

Remarks:

- Texts are stored in a cluster type table, you can find readable information on STXH (filter with 'VBBP' and order number as for READ_TEXT) but STXL data will look like hexadecimal garbage.

- SO10 is intended for STANDARD texts, not for applicative texts which are maintained thru application's transactions.

Regards,

Raymond

5 REPLIES 5

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Did you check the available information.Check in tables Check in stxh and stxl.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

HI Madhu,

Thanks For the reply.

i have checked the tables like stxh, stxl, sxtb etc.., but i could not reached to text location where i could edit it.

Thanks,

Sankar

0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

What you are panning to edit .

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you want to edit text.

- Transaction is VA02 but i suppose you know it (But I cannot recommend BDC)

- If you want to edit it programmatically, then use the FM : READ_TEXT, EDIT_TEXT, SAVE_TEXT etc. filling the key with OBJET = 'VBBP', NAME = order + line, ID = 0001 and correct language. (Many threads exist on those FM)

- You could also consider BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE (look at parameters ORDER_TEXT)

Remarks:

- Texts are stored in a cluster type table, you can find readable information on STXH (filter with 'VBBP' and order number as for READ_TEXT) but STXL data will look like hexadecimal garbage.

- SO10 is intended for STANDARD texts, not for applicative texts which are maintained thru application's transactions.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for ur replies. issue is solved