Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW VD51 , Validations in Begin of Transaction; how to Debug the code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have written code for validations i Begin of Transaction in the field mapping 5th step of LSMW for VD51.

Now this code not getting triggered at the time of Conversion of Data. How to debug the code. I have put a static break point 'BREAK-POINT' still not getting triggered.

Any suggestion / solution for this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Narsimha Kulkarni

5 REPLIES 5

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In LSMW you have a button to personalize the menu.

there you can activate the entry for "Display program code"

Then you go into this new step and find the place in coding where you want activate the breakpoint, which can easily be done with the breakpint button.

then you execute the conversion step and SAP will open the debugger when it reaches the statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen, for the reply. I have tried that thing as well. The point is I have written the code in Begin_of _transaction event and I have even put a static break-point but still unable to stop at this point. And in the Display Program code also I could see my code embedded there. Please suggest.

Regards,

Narsimha Kulkarni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen, for the reply. I have tried that thing as well. The point is I have written the code in Begin_of _transaction event and I have even put a static break-point but still unable to stop at this point. And in the Display Program code also I could not see my code embedded there. Please suggest.

Regards,

Narsimha Kulkarni.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you really viewing the source of the conversion program? I can certainly see the * __BEGIN_OF_TRANSACTION__

statement all all my coding that I made at this event in this source. (maybe you are looking into the source of the read program?)

dhirendra_pandit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narshimha,

Make any mapping error during mapping and check the syntax of mapping it will drag you to the lsmw report there you can put your break point. You can check the report name from transaction code as well.

Remember this mapping block will execute when you execute the step Convert Data in LSMW.

Regards

Dhirendra