Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW Problem -> Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

After I run LSMW 13 steps..A session is created in SM35. When I process this session, LSMW is working fine in the foreground state. But when I run LSMW in background , It showing all the records as errors and the session is not processed.

The error is like " Field xyz is not a input field ".

Basically what I am doing is I have 3 fields namely x , y and z. I am concatenating all the 3 fields x + y + z into a non-editable field xyz and storing in a table.

Is LSMW in background doesn't work if the fields are in disable mode ??

10 REPLIES 10

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Right, how is the BI session supposed to put something in a field that is not ready for input?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply.

But When I run LSMW in foreground ..Same Warning message is coming But When I click on SAVE. It is saving in the database table.

So, why cant It work in Background, If it works in foreground ??

0 Kudos

Good question, what transaction is the BI session executing?

REgards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

PA30 ( HR Master data )

In this transaction we have done screen enhancement and added few fields.

Eg:- countrycode, areacode and Telephonenumber which are editable fields. Once user enters data in these 3 fields and press ENTER ..it will do concatenation of these 3 fields and displayed in an TELNR which is in disable mode.

This TELNR is also saved in PA0006(Even though it is in disable mode).

When I run LSMW in foreground..It is stopping at this point and saying that "FIELD TELNR is not a input field". After pressing SAVE the entire data is saved in PA0006.

But this is not working in background.

0 Kudos

Ok, so where is the code that is doing the concatenation? Is is embeded into PA30 or is it in the LSMW? Try not moving any value to the TELNR field, and see if it will be handled by the PA30 automatically.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi!

Your batch session is stopping with an error in both cases (foreground and background). Just that you have a chance in foreground to finish the transaction manually (by pressing save), but you can't help the background job.

Correct your batch recording and don't fill this field or make the required field ready for input - there is no other way.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

It is embedded in PA30, But in my upload file this field is not entered bcoz it is a concatenation. So, I have taken this field at the end of the structure and written the ABAP CODE in LSMW as well.

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Welcome to my post and Thanks for your reply.

Because it is part of our requirement we made this field as disable.

Is there any alternative solution apart from making the field ready for input again ??

0 Kudos

Well, if the concatenation is being handled by PA30 when you put the values in the three seperate fields, then there is not reason to try to do it in the LSMW, remove this from the LSMW and don't try to update the field TELNR, allow the PA30 to handle it. Once you remove this part the transaction should finish normally, hopefully PA30 will fill this field automatically.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

... and if PA30 won't handle the concatenate during your batch, then you might adjust the 'disable', e.g. make it user depend.