Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsmw........(multi-line items)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

how to insert several line items in a sales order. whether this can be performed using recording or any other method can be used . If so please let me know.

thank you.

regards

prem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Follow these steps for processing multiple records in lsmw.

I presume that you have one header line and multiple line items in the file and has a unique identifier. Let us say you have two nodes in lsmw called VBAK and VBAP.

Normally lsmw process one line of the file at a time. When lsmw reads the header line, process the VBAK node and use the 'transfer_record' command (this must be already there). When the second record is processed and if the unique identifier is same as the header then write a command called 'skip_record' in the '__BEGIN_OF_RECORD__' session of VBAK. If you do like this we will have one header and multiple line items.

Thanks

Vinod

5 REPLIES 5

Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Follow these steps for processing multiple records in lsmw.

I presume that you have one header line and multiple line items in the file and has a unique identifier. Let us say you have two nodes in lsmw called VBAK and VBAP.

Normally lsmw process one line of the file at a time. When lsmw reads the header line, process the VBAK node and use the 'transfer_record' command (this must be already there). When the second record is processed and if the unique identifier is same as the header then write a command called 'skip_record' in the '__BEGIN_OF_RECORD__' session of VBAK. If you do like this we will have one header and multiple line items.

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

thank you for your reply MR.Vinod. I think this will work out if you have already tryed this send a snap shot of it so that it will be really helpful.

thank you

regards

premkumar.j

0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Could you let me know what specific information you need.

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

sir,

when i finally run my direct input process it is asking for fill sold to party or ship to party.i cant find the fields for it.Please can you say me which are the required field to be filled.

thank you

regards

prem

0 Kudos

If you want add partner details for header use the node

BVBPAKOM and fill POSNR, PARVW and KUNNR. May be you have to fill other fields in this.