Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - delete entries from z-table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Please, help me out with the following challenge. I need to create LSMW that will delete entries from z-table (that could be a standard table, for that matter). The key consists of 3 fields. So I am wondering how, while create butch-input, I could specify that this particular entry has to be deleted?

If you could provide a link to a useful document or share your experience, I would appreciate that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Borisova,

You can do that by using t-code SM30.

Do the recording in a way as shown in above screen shots. Then put your data in notepad and execute LSMW.

Regards,

Pankaj

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try creating a recording for SM30. Recording should position ('Position' button) the required record always and delete it each time. ou can attach this recording to your LSMW and execute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Borisova,

You can do that by using t-code SM30.

Do the recording in a way as shown in above screen shots. Then put your data in notepad and execute LSMW.

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Let me see if I am clear on this point.

If I want to delete a particular entry from a table, I should select “enter conditions” on initial screen of t-code SM30?

0 Kudos

To delete a particular entry only in SM30, first we need to locate that entry using position button, select that entry and delete it using delete button.

0 Kudos

Hi Borisova,

Yes, there you have options.You can put the data you want to delete .As shown in below screen shot.

You can directly delete data by selecting 'No Restrictions' radio button and then clicking on maintain. But in case of LSMW you have to do a recording and in that recording you have to locate the data you want to delete. So using 'Enter conditions ' radio button.

If above selection criteria is not sufficient to filter the data you want to delete, then there is one more button 'Further selection condition'. You can enter the conditions there and do the recording .