Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listbox in Modulepool

Gincyanto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two listboxes in my subscreen.Depending on the values in first listbox the second is getting populated.I have to make this 2 listboxes mandatory.For that I am using the field statement and throwing a error message in the module associated with field statement for both listboxes.The problem is if I didn't fill the entry in the first listbox error message will come . If the select one entry in first listbox ,the error message will come for second listbox.But the values are not populated in the second listbox depending on the entry selected in first listbox.I am using the VRM_set_vlaues in the module associated with the field statement for the second listbox.Still its not coming..Any one faced the same problem before ?

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to populate the second list box based on the first one, the user should trigger an user action like enter key so that your PAI will be triggered.

In PAI, write your code to fill up the second list box.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

But the control can naviagate away from my subscreen if the PAI is triggered .then the mandatory check is not possible for that listbox

0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using the VRM function module in PAI or PBO?

Ideally you should use it in PBO, also you need not do a Mandatory check for the second list box as it will be filled based on the first one. The first one will always have a value since there is a mandatory check on that.

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

For the second listbox only the values in the dropdown should get populated and the user has to select one from among this.

ie for the entry selected in the first listbox many entries can come in second listbox.From that user has to select one. and I need to make a required feild check on second listbox ,If the user didn't fill it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to raise a error message for second list box only when the second list box has some values in it. Also note that VRM FM should be called in the PBO.

Once you call the VRM FM after that if the second list is empty then you can always raise a error message.

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I need to do the mandatory field check on the second listbox.The PBO itself won't get triggered If the user didn't enter any value in second listbox and naviagate to any other screen.I can't raise error message in PBO.

0 Kudos

Trigger an event as you select the value in the first listbox and check the value of second listbox when he click on the execute button.

dont check the value of second list box at the time of action which gets triggered after you select value in first list box.

Thanks