Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Types and Table types & Smartform form interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. What are line types and table types ??

2. In smartforms form interface, in the importing parameter, can tables be passed ??

[we use tables parameter generally, but even if passed in export parameter, no error is being given and the ouput is the same (as in the output by using tables parameter)]

Advance Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Line types are defined in a template or table Node to specify the number and size of the cells of a line.

You can use line type in Node Table Line to define layout of the line.

I am not sure what you mean by table type. Are you meaning Internal Table Type in SE11.

Table can be passed in importing parameter but you will have to define an internal table type in SE11 .

Any parameter in smartform has to have a dictonary reference i.e. should exist in SE11.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Line types are defined in a template or table Node to specify the number and size of the cells of a line.

You can use line type in Node Table Line to define layout of the line.

I am not sure what you mean by table type. Are you meaning Internal Table Type in SE11.

Table can be passed in importing parameter but you will have to define an internal table type in SE11 .

Any parameter in smartform has to have a dictonary reference i.e. should exist in SE11.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also you can define internal tables in Smartform. Define Types & Internal tables in Global definition.

You need to add logic to insert records into these internal tables & can be used for further processing.

E.g. If the Sales order to be printed. Then pass sales order number to Smartform. In Smartform write logic to build required internal tables.

Let us know if you have any more queries.

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Table Types</b>

Table types are construction blueprints for internal tables that are stored in the ABAP Dictionary. When you create a table type in the ABAP Dictionary, you specify the line type, access type, and key. <b>The line type</b> can be any data type from the ABAP Dictionary, that is, a data element, a structure, a table type, or the type of a database table. You can also enter a predefined Dictionary type directly as the line type, in the same way that you can with a domain.

In an ABAP program, you can use the TYPE addition to refer directly to a table type.

If you define a local data type in a program by referring to a table type as follows:

TYPES <t> TYPE <table>.

the construction blueprint of the table type is used to create a local internal table <t> in the program. The predefined Dictionary data types of the domains used by the data elements in the structure are converted into the corresponding ABAP types. The semantic attributes of the data elements are used for the corresponding components of the internal table in the program.

Hope it helps u.

Kindly reward points if u find it useful.

P.S Can u close all ur previous posts if ur problem is solved

Thanks&Regards,

Ruthra.R

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link.In this I am using line types.You will get an idea.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/3c5d9ae3-0501...

As far I know,we will use tables parameter to pass tables.If it is workarea,then we can make use of import parameter.In other words,if you want the single record to be passed,then you can use import.

Check this link.I am handling tables parameter here.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/ccab6730-0501...

Hope this helps.Kindly reward points if it is useful.