Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KPI's for SAP-Table entries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am eager to know whether there are some tools in SAP to check the KPI's of SAP-Tables. Let us say we are having a Table where we insert in every 3 seconds 10 entries in this Table and delete them in every 3 minutes and it can also happen that these entries also remain in the table untill the errors are rectified. It means we insert entires and once they are sucessfull a batch job deletes them and when they fail to process sucessfully then they remain in the table.

So I would like to know where there is way or tool to find out how many entries are inserted resp. how many are sucessfully deleted in this table in a day and how many entires remain failure ?

Cheers

Sanjeev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

look at the table DBTABLOG it just gives the log details about the inserts and deletes done on a custom table. you can also use fm DBLOG_READ_TABLE it also just gives the log details. We have also transaction SCU3 to get the log.

Another thought SAP provides a service called Change Documents. You need to implement this service in your application and then you can reuse standard tools to display changes.

Regards,

Pradyumna

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

look at the table DBTABLOG it just gives the log details about the inserts and deletes done on a custom table. you can also use fm DBLOG_READ_TABLE it also just gives the log details. We have also transaction SCU3 to get the log.

Another thought SAP provides a service called Change Documents. You need to implement this service in your application and then you can reuse standard tools to display changes.

Regards,

Pradyumna

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your input, but this is not really what I am searching for. I am searching for how many entires are totally inserted into a table in a day.

Anyways Thanks for input.

Cheers

Sanjeev.

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

>

> Hi,

>

> Thanks for your input, but this is not really what I am searching for. I am searching for how many entires are totally inserted into a table in a day.

> Sanjeev.

On SAP level we have some stats like nr. of changes per table... .

On DB02 you can analyze how much space a table allocates...

On database level (e.g. on ORACLE) one can analyze the nr. of INSERTS / UPDATES / DELETES per table... .

And the database statistics will not help as well since they are not updated daily...

If you really need that information you have to do something on your own.... .

Kind regards,

Hermann