Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining tables while creatin view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created data base view.I am trying to join two tables one is standard another one is cusomized.

But vBELN is a key fields for standard table but in ztable its not .Can i join this table.

I know i will be getting mulitple entries but is it ok to join this tables.Pls let me know

Thnaks

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Database view also create a inner join between tables. It should be kept in the mind that we can only include transparent tables in database view.

for more info. you can follow the link..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii ravi,

We can join those tables which have some common fields among themselves.

or those table having foreign key relationship with other tables.

As in ur case suppose vbak is ur standard table having key field vbeln and ur custom tabe don't have vbeln field.

so if  u will try two join these two tables then in contents u will get no records as the join fileds is not common two them and also u will get the warning as the view is inconsistent so just check out the warning.

U can join mandt field of vbak and mandt field of ur custom table as both the table have the common fields then u will the contents

What else u can do is that u can select ur table and then click relationship , u will get the table which is realated with the table as foreign key tabel and u can select the table and ur join condition will be automatically filled with the key fields of those table. U will get the contents according to based on the join condition .

One more thing databse view follow inner join.

I hope u got the idea of join condtion.

regards

Syed