Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all. I am having a hard time getting a solution to my particular dilema. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a requirement to add a new input field to a custom infotype. This field should be invisible to the users, but I need a method of populating this field using a call transaction through a batch process.

I have tried making the screen field invisible and setting modification group 1 to '006'. This did not work as the screen field becomes visible with a bunch of asteriks (******).

I know one option might be to set the modification group 1 as well as the invisible flag dynamically in the BPO checking SY-BINPT.

Has anyone tried this or is there an alternative other than looping at screen in BPO?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will need to loop in PBO to give your screen field the correct attributes - you say you got **** instead of the field being hidden? This is because the wrong property was set (have a look at the SAP Help on LOOP AT SCREEN and you'll see what you need to do to resolve this).

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Satish.....

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will need to loop in PBO to give your screen field the correct attributes - you say you got **** instead of the field being hidden? This is because the wrong property was set (have a look at the SAP Help on LOOP AT SCREEN and you'll see what you need to do to resolve this).

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Satish.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

SELECT-OPTIONS: S_EBELN FOR EKKO-EBELN MODIF ID S1.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN OUTPUT.

LOOP AT SCREEN.

IF SCREEN-GROUP1 = 'S1'.

SCREEN-INPUT = 0.

MODIFY SCREEN.

CLEAR SCREEN.

ENDIF.

Try this to make a field invisible.

Reward if useful

Regards

ANUPAM