Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with CALL SELECTION-SCREEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on a report.

Here on the selection screen , based on the selection of some radiobuttons ,i want to call a secondary selection screen.

So i am using the following program code ,

AT SELECTION-SCREEN on BLOCk blk.

IF p_abc = c_x.

CALL SELECTION-SCREEN 100 STARTING AT 20 5.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

MESSAGE text-011 TYPE c_e .

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

so currently , once i complete my slection on the screen 100 , the popup screen stays there and rest of the programing logic is executed correctly.

My issue is that , once i complete my slection on the screen 100, i want that the pop up should be closed

And then the the rest of the program logic should continue.

please guide me how ,this can be done.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U should move that section code to START-OF-SELECTION event instead of AT SELECTION-SCREEN on BLOCK

Max

0 Kudos

In that case, the popup is displayed on a blank screen,which i don't want.

I am looking for a way ,by which i can display the pop up selection screen on the main selcetion screen itself,

but , close the pop up once the selection on that popup is completed and then continue with the rest of the program.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

What is the fields that you are displaying the second selection screen. Can you have a push button in the second selection screen .. so that only when the user presses the push button , the program excutes further. based of the sy-ucomm.

Regards

Ansari

0 Kudos

Hello,

How about adding the code to AT SELECTION-SCREEN event instead of AT SELECTION-SCREEN on BLOCK?

Suhas

0 Kudos

>

> How about adding the code to AT SELECTION-SCREEN event instead of AT SELECTION-SCREEN on BLOCK?

> Suhas

I tried that, but in that case, the pop will be called again and again as the AT Selection-screen event will be trigerred every time i finish my selection on the popup.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Instead of having a call selection screen can we have a call screen and create the layout.. in this case you can have a push button in the screen using which the user can execute the program.

Regards

Ansari

0 Kudos

Hi Abubekkar ,

Thanks for your suggestion ,i can do the way , you are saying .But i don't need to as my current program is working fine.

The only thing , that i wanted to improve was, to close the popup ,once selection is comeplted on it.

Regards,

Rajesh Kuamr

0 Kudos

Hi

The event AT SELECTION-SCREEN and AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON BLOCK are very similar, only the second event see the part of selection-screen defined in the block.

This events are triggered as soon as the user does something: so press ENTER, F8,........

If u want the second-selction screen is shown once and the main selection-screen has to be displayed under the second one, u can try to run the second one only if the report has to run, so if the user has pressed F8, code ONLI.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN on BLOCk blk.

CHECK SY-UCOMM = 'ONLI'.

IF p_abc = c_x.
  CALL SELECTION-SCREEN 100 STARTING AT 20 5.
  IF sy-subrc 0.
     MESSAGE text-011 TYPE c_e .
  ENDIF.
ENDIF.

In tihs way the rest of the program will be executed, else u need to move all code of the event START-OF-SELECTION and END-OF-SELECTION in the event AT SELECTION-SCREEN, or, just as I said before, to move the calling of POPUP to event START-OF-SELECTION.

Max

0 Kudos

Thanks Max .

Checking SY-UCOMM for ONLI ,is a better option.

Rajesh