Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in populatng the Message Function Field in control records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , mine is a scenerio , whn I am sending unformation from MDM to PI to ERP system . ERP is getting updated with MDM information by idoc(ADRMAS). Now , in the inbound idocs in ERP , the control record field needs to be populated with a field called Message Function . This field is also vsisble in partner profile - inbound/outbound  parameters - next to message tpye field - message variant field .

I wish to know , where and how is this field is populated. As based on the value of this field , the information from inbound idoc is going to be treated as craete/ modify etc in the data base tables. Is it in the distribution model?? Please suggest !!

Arnab

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts , any feed pls??

0 Kudos

What is the outbound program in your MDM system?

If it's a custom program, the you should populate message code and message function( MESCOD, MESFCT )  in the control record before calling master_idoc_distribute.

If it's standard then you need to find the exit/ehancement to change the control record.