Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-U print workbench - User exit - to get current page number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a doubt in IS-U print workbench where in I need to get the current page number which is being processed inside the user exit of the application form.

I have a user exit called Z_EXIT_150 and here I have a subroutine which is inside the LOOP DOC_ITEM …ENDLOOP.

Inside the subroutine, I need to get the current script page number.

There is an option of getting the current page as &PAGE& inside the Script but I need to know the page number inside the exit.

Do you have any idea of getting the current page number?

Thanks and Regards,

Sakthi.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

I have also had this problem while working in IS-U Print Workbench but was also unable to solve. I tried looking into the output_text that is called when reaching an object that references SAPSCRIPT-FORMPAGES but I too could not find a way to save PAGE to a variable for later use.

The only idea I can think of, although I have not tried, would be to place some sort of counter variable in the BUILD_DOCUMENTS and increment the counter each time there is a successful printout of a header logo or some other object that you expect to see printed on each new page - that way maybe you can determine later in the exit processing what page # you are currently in.

I hope this has helped some. I would be really interested to hear if someone else has a solution of how to access items in the SAPSCRIPT structure from outside of the SAPscript code.

Regards,

Geoff