Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to disable the password history parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using NW04s

Is it possible to disable the password history parameter completely? The current value can be between 1 and 100 only.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

if you don't want a password history, you can disable password aging through system parameter login/password_expiration_time set to 0. Effect will be the same as allowing the same password over and over

Peter

--

Points always appreciated

0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

This will prevent enforcing users from changing their password. I still want to enforce password change, I just don't want to keep the history of it.

Roy

Message was edited by:

Roy Cohen

0 Kudos

Hmmm,

since >90% of the users will try to enter their old password (which will be accepted without password history), I think it won't make much of a difference to not asking them

Anyway, may be you take a look at table USR02 as old passwords appear here. Idea is to write a report which clears the old entries... But to fiddle around with passwords is a very special thing...so it's just an idea...

Over and out,

Peter

--

Points always appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use parameter

login/password_history_size = 1

Specifies the number of passwords (chosen by the user, not the administrator) that the system stores and that the user cannot use again.

Permissible values: 1 u2013 100 (unit: number of entries); default value 5

Regards

David