Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interview questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

On which machine we will work?

How do we analyze functional spec?

How many functional specs we will get for developing for 1 object ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vamsi,

Here are the answers what an Interviewer expects from you.

1.On which machine we will work?

We will have 3 servers namely Development,Testing and Production.Normally a Developer will have access to Development and Testing servers.We will do the coding in the development server and once done with coding when we are sure that it is serving the Tech Spec purpose then we will transport it to the Test Server by generating a Transport Request in SE09.If it is working fine then the client will move it to Production Server.If it is not working fine,then the client will revert it after which we have to do the necessary modification and again transport with a new transport request number.So,we will work on Development server and test it on Testing Server and move the object to Production Server.

2.How do we analyze functional spec?

You can safely say that I never involved in preparing any Specification.But for your info, to understand the Functional Spec basically one has to have knowledge on the respective Functional Module and the whole Business Process.

3.How many functional specs we will get for developing for 1 object ?

We will get only one final Functional Spec for one Object.Beforehand this Final Spec would have undergone so many modifications to satisfy the Business Purpose.

Hope I had cleared your doubts.If you still have any revert it.

All the best.

K.Kiran.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your first question is not clear???

Unless you have some business knowledge about the Process/Business of the Client it is somewhat difficult to understand the Fun Spec.

So with the help of a Functional consultant you try to analyse the fun spec.

For each object generally we get a single Fun spec.

We may receive some changes over a period of time, if required.

Regards,

Anji

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> On which machine we will work?

You can install on Windows or Linux...

> How do we analyze functional spec?

In functional spec, you can see what tables to read, what you need to do with them and what FM or BAPIS you need to use....

> How many functional specs we will get for developing

> for 1 object ?

One...Even if you do a lot of things...just one.....I have to developed once a simple application that used Table Controls, ALV, BAPIS, Batch Inputs, FM and Report to the Spool....All in one spec -;)

Greetings,

Blag.

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vamsi,

Here are the answers what an Interviewer expects from you.

1.On which machine we will work?

We will have 3 servers namely Development,Testing and Production.Normally a Developer will have access to Development and Testing servers.We will do the coding in the development server and once done with coding when we are sure that it is serving the Tech Spec purpose then we will transport it to the Test Server by generating a Transport Request in SE09.If it is working fine then the client will move it to Production Server.If it is not working fine,then the client will revert it after which we have to do the necessary modification and again transport with a new transport request number.So,we will work on Development server and test it on Testing Server and move the object to Production Server.

2.How do we analyze functional spec?

You can safely say that I never involved in preparing any Specification.But for your info, to understand the Functional Spec basically one has to have knowledge on the respective Functional Module and the whole Business Process.

3.How many functional specs we will get for developing for 1 object ?

We will get only one final Functional Spec for one Object.Beforehand this Final Spec would have undergone so many modifications to satisfy the Business Purpose.

Hope I had cleared your doubts.If you still have any revert it.

All the best.

K.Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help kiran.

Can you tell me what standards we have to follow while preparing T.S?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vamshi,

Check out this thread for the required answer

/message/2904042#2904042 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply.

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vamsi,

To Prepare a Tech Spec we need to have a good understanding on what exactly a Business Requirement is.Once that is understood we need to have a one to one discussion with the respective Func Consultant to get a clear understanding regarding the changes to be incorporated in the existing code or preparing a new program if needed.In one sentence one has to know the nitty gritty of the Business Flow.

So far I never involved in Tech Spec preparation,hence I can't provide much input regarding the same.

K.Kiran