Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internal table space issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

when i am executing a report of bank balance, it is giving a short dump " no more storage space is available for extending an internal table". please tell me how i can resolve this issue.

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Robin

Please check the number of records it is fetching while debugging.

There is cretain limit for internal tables storage.

Some unneccesary loops may also increase the number of records.

Refresh and free the internal tables when they are not in use.

Thanks

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please send the error screen shot?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robin,

It is because of the data you are fetching is too big that internal table cannt hold all of this as it has some limitations.

You need to extract your data in chunks and probably write on to application server if you want to download complete file .

Regards,

Deepti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use HASHED Table for your requirement,

here you can get the details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/fc/eb366d358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

hope this works for you.

Avirat

0 Kudos

Dear Avirat,

I am using a BAPI  'BAPI_GLX_GETDOCITEMS'  in my report . This bapi have that internal table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use HASHED Table for your requirement,

here you can get the details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/fc/eb366d358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

hope this works for you.

Avirat

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • set some parameters/selections mandatory to reduce volume
  • for huge data don't load the whole data, only load one main internal table (one run or by package) and then load missing data by load/package and free temporary internal tables asap
  • only load required data/field from database

Regards,

Raymond

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

identify the fields you really need and select into corresponding fields of table of this line type.

Use of hashed tables is always nice but will not help at all to reduce the size.

Regards, Clemens