Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface from Legacy system to Sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I worked in the functional design and implementation of an interface that works to update sales order from a legacy system to Sap

Now after some test, i receive the ok to move all the program in production enviroment

I'd like to know and to be sure of all the step to be checked and needed. The mail one for sure are related the data. So I checked all the custom table I created for this purpose.

Please advise me If I'm missing some important step

Many thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd like to know and to be sure of all the step to be checked and needed. The mail one for sure are related the data. So I checked all the custom table I created for this purpose.

'The mail one for sure': What mail one?

'Custom tables': Why did you create custom tables? Don't you just use a BAPI to update / create Sales Order?

What do you mean by interface? An RFC (remote enabled function module)?

In general: Everything you have developed for this, should be in a transport request. I you want to check this, go to the package you created for this development in transaction SE80. Start from the (RFC) interface and check everything this function module needs to function like data elements, domains, structures etc.

You do need to create new rfc destinations in SM59 (in case you are updating sales order via RFC interface.

Haven't you moved it from development to quality before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry

'The mail one for sure': What mail one?this was my english error, I want say I mean

for the interface, we have for sure bapi and also I created some custom table in order to translate same legacy code from legacy system to sap.

The other point interface I was refer to RFC

I'm agree with you to check everything was developed in the transport request. I was wondering if there are e some other check

to be dome before move everything in production enviroment

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is that you have developed a RFC which is called from the Legacy system? You pass the data from the Legacy system and after processing the RFC returns log alongwith the data. Mail is sent to concerned Persons which contain the processing result. Is this you are looking for? Confirm if yes. And what is the custom table you refer to?

Regards,

Vaishali.