Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection plan creation

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am creating inspection plan using bapi 'BAPI_INSPECTIONPLAN_CREATE' . it is creating but the issue is in table 'INSPCHARACTERISTIC' there is a field 'SEL_SET1' which is getting populated automatically in transaction and i want that value to be replaced by the one i am passing in table

'INSPCHARACTERISTIC' but it is not happening.

Is thers any specific way to get it done through this bapi or is there any exit or badi to perform this task?

Any pointer will be highly appreciated.

regards

vijay

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is that field on QP03 transaction which has to take value from SEL_SET1.

thanks

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

field is 'Assigned Code Group or Selected Set' and you can find it in inspection characteristics.

regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have seen that field.

You can enter a value for this field only if it is Qualitative characteristic.

So while populating Qualitative or quantitative indicator values for

IF INSPCHARACTERISTIC-QUANTITATIVE_IND = 'X'
INSPCHARACTERISTIC-SEL_SET1 = 'Your value'
ENDIF.

If it's Quantitative Do not even pass any value for this field. Not even space.

In debuggin you can check the INSPCHARACTERISTIC-SEL-SET1 value. It will have the value you passed.

When I worked on it I remember that there are a whole lot of indicators which are specific to Quantitative or Qualitative. You will have to split the code for them to pass the values separately.

Note: All the above can happen only if the SEL_SET1 is not defaulted to have a value in configuration.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Can you pass on your call to the BAPI BAPI_INSPECTIONPLAN_CREATE or the code snippets. I also have the same requirement want to understand the values passed to the BAPI structures.

Rgds,

stck