Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert rtf files in documentation of a program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a documentation for my program, in that through

Document->Upload-> rich text format.

I want to upload a rtf file but it doesn't allow me to do so, it says an error.

I specified the file location in the from field which is in my local system.

But still doesn't allow me to do so.

How can i insert an rtf or jpg or bmp files into the documentation.

Any help will be of great use to me.

Thanks,

Joshua.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joshua,

Change the file extension(i.e, either .doc/.txt ) to the type it supports and then upload.... consider that it supports .txt format instead of .doc then change the .doc to .txt and upload

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joshua,

Change the file extension(i.e, either .doc/.txt ) to the type it supports and then upload.... consider that it supports .txt format instead of .doc then change the .doc to .txt and upload

0 Kudos

Hi santosh,

Its a screen shot which i have saved in doc format and I want to place this screen shot in between the text of the document.

How can I do it, any help will of great use to me.

thanks,

Joshua.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Edit your program in SE38

->Goto->Documentation->Click 'Edit Documentation' in documentation popup->Goto-->Change Editior.

Here You can add what ever you want to show in your documentation. You can add image using 'INCLUDE OBJECT..'statement same as in SAP script.

Use SE78 to create image object then use INCLUDE OBJECT to include into your documentation.

Bala

0 Kudos

This doesn't work, I have a screen shot and I want to upload this screen shot in some location of my document but it does not.

I saved the saved the screen shot as a doc file and trying to upload this file but all I see junk characters being uploaded.

I selected the ascii format to upload the doc file, is there any more settings changes which i have to do to upload this screen shot.

Any help will be of great use to me.

Thanks,

Joshua.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Edit your program in SE38

->Goto->Documentation->Click 'Edit Documentation' in documentation popup->Document-->Upload.

OR

->Goto->Documentation->Click 'Edit Documentation' in documentation popup->Goto-->Change Editior.

Here You can add what ever you want to show in your documentation. You can add image using 'INCLUDE OBJECT..'statement same as in SAP script.

Use SE78 to create image object then use INCLUDE OBJECT to include into your documentation.

Bala