Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert new segment in we30

former_member582701
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello!

i am inserting a new segment in an standard idoc.

In delivery idoc i want to insert a segment beetwen E1EDL21 and E1DL51, but when I create it automatically insert in like son of them. How i can inert a segment between 2 standard segments without it is a son? How i change the hierarchy?

Thx

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manel . I guess ure trying to extend an IDoc type like DELVRY03. In we30 specify the name of the extension u r creating and give the reference type, say DELVRY03 . If u want to create a new segment that is not a child of E1ELDL21, just position the cursor on the main segment E1EDL20 and create segment. That should do the trick.

reward if helpful

Ayan

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's OK, you can ignore this. Are you changing the sap standard or enhancing it?

I don't think the order of the segment matters, enhancement would cause you less headache during upgrade.

Best regards,

Peter

former_member582701
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx guys,

Ayan, the problem is that SAP inserts the segment in first position as first child of E1EDL20. Is impossible for me move my segment between E1EDL21 and E1EDL51. In other words, like child of E1EDL21 but not in first position.

Thx again