Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input value is longer THAN SCREEN FIELD- BDC MESSAGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m getting this msg when i run BDC prog. in transaction PA30-Infotype 2006.it is not accepting one field value of P2006-ANZHL.

This BDC is for HR Module.

Plz help me as early

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need the field lengths of your BDC fields to be the same length as the fields on the transaction you are running.

0 Kudos

Even after I declare the BDC input field type to be exactly same as the field in the screen. There is still the same error message.

Any idea what happen ?

0 Kudos

I think the text box in the screen doesnt take into consideration on the space taken by the 'Comma', 'Decimal Dot' in the currency ammount.

How do I declare an amount with the total length fixed ? (No only the decimal places fixed, but also the number of digits before the decimal dot ) .

Message was edited by:

Kokwei Wong

0 Kudos

Oh my god,

I have to answer my own question again and ask another question...

There is a conversion exit happenning to that fiel, the comma (3rd digit separator) became DOT , while the Decimal Dot became Comma.

What is the conversion FM to be used to convert it ?

Rgrds,

WOng.

0 Kudos

You can find any conversion exits in the data dictionary. Look at the domain. I don't see one for this field, so maybe it's just different user parameters.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

instead of declaring ur internal table type the screen field declare ur internal table as char

ex instead of declaring matnr like mara-matnr

declare matnr(20)