Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input data to customize table .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my gurus,

I created a customize table, but the data I input always return UPPERCASE(data).Pls tell me why and how to fix !? Thanks a lot !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bach,

In the customizing table - i assume there is a field in which you are entering a string of characters and on any event , e.g. enter or save - the characters are being converted to UPPERCASE. To prevent this, you need to assign a data element to the field in the database table and to the data element assign a domain which has LowerCase checkbox in definition tab as checked ('X').

Field in DB table -> assign data element -> data element should have domain with "Lower Case" checkbox marked

This should solve the problem.

Please revert in case of questions.

Regards,

Aditya

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bach,

In the customizing table - i assume there is a field in which you are entering a string of characters and on any event , e.g. enter or save - the characters are being converted to UPPERCASE. To prevent this, you need to assign a data element to the field in the database table and to the data element assign a domain which has LowerCase checkbox in definition tab as checked ('X').

Field in DB table -> assign data element -> data element should have domain with "Lower Case" checkbox marked

This should solve the problem.

Please revert in case of questions.

Regards,

Aditya

0 Kudos

Thanks Aditya,

Field in table -> assign data element with data type Predefined Type : CHAR - length: 15. Not assign domain.

And I didn't see check box Lower Case anywhere ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U may need to create a domain and data element for this purpose that will allow lowercase.

There is a check box in domain, definition tab, when u check that one you can store lower case also in this field.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos

Thanks so much !!! I saw ..... Happy new year to you ...