Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infotype Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement like, in a custom infotype 9951 i need to update a field. But the previous contents should be copied and then a new row with updated values needs to be appended to the infotype(a delimiting opern.)

This line states the above requirement.

P9951-ZDate should be updated and history should be maintained i.e. it should be copied and then updated.

How can i go about this?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the time constraint of this infotype .?is the infotype storing delimted values , can you confirm on this ?

Cause if its stroing delimited values then y do u need the code for explicit update of ur custom infotype..

as it stores the previous record except delimiting the dates .. which i think should be in place already.

in ur infotype p9xxx is this zdate already existing field or a new one you are trying to insert ..

just perform some trials on this infotype and tell exactly what is missing after creating two or more entries on the infotype and checking the table entries for a pernr .this would make easy to analyse

vijay.

2 REPLIES 2

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use PM01 transaction to update your custom infotype.

for more information search in SCN by update infotype.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the time constraint of this infotype .?is the infotype storing delimted values , can you confirm on this ?

Cause if its stroing delimited values then y do u need the code for explicit update of ur custom infotype..

as it stores the previous record except delimiting the dates .. which i think should be in place already.

in ur infotype p9xxx is this zdate already existing field or a new one you are trying to insert ..

just perform some trials on this infotype and tell exactly what is missing after creating two or more entries on the infotype and checking the table entries for a pernr .this would make easy to analyse

vijay.