Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created an include in a development class. When i done the syntax check i am getting an error report/program statement missing.

How can i overcome this problem?

Regards,

Lisa.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use CTRL + F3 to do both activate and sintax check -:)

Greetings,

Blag.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use CTRL + F3 to do both activate and sintax check -:)

Greetings,

Blag.

0 Kudos

Hello Alvaro,

I know that when i use ctrl F3 then there is no syntax error but when i do the syntax check there is syntax error.

The question why i raised is! there are lot of syntax errors but when i do the syntax check or cntl F3 the include is not giving any errors.

Regards,

Gupta.

0 Kudos

It's simple -:) Includes are actually reports that are going to be included on another programs....But we know that a program needs either a REPORT statement in order to work.....When you do syntax check with CTRL + F2....ABAP assumes that you want to activate a report and not an include...that's why it gives you the error -;) Silly isn't it?

Greetings,

Blag.

0 Kudos

Alvaro is right..

If there will be some syntax error then it won;t show this error msg...

So there shudn't be any problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can u please check program attributes type. Its should be a include program type.

Reward me if its helpful

Ravi

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to the main program and activate from there (SE80).

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is coming because you need to activate the whole program i.e main program, along with the include. Press CTRLSHIFTF5. Screen will be divided into 2 parts. Then Right Click on the main program on the left side and choose activate. This will activate main program along with all includes, gui, screens etc related to that program. It will solve your problem.

Reward points if the answer is helpful.

Regards,

Mukul