Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inbound processing pgm for material

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

in FM: IDOC_INPUT_MATMAS01.

i m trying to set the status of idoc to 51, in an exit(BTE MSGV00200) by some check.

it works but finally it also appends status 53. how can i prevent this from happening.

plz help.

thanks,

pawan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I used the function module 'IDOC_STATUS_WRITE_TO_DATABASE'

for change the status of IDOC.U can pass the Idoc number and Status to this fun. module to change IDoc status. It affect the table entries in EDIDC.

Regards,

sek s

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I am not quite clear as to what your requirment is. Are you trying to ensure that the IDOC is not posted, if a certain condition fails ?

If so then why don't out try to skip to the end of the function module after your message (status 51)

You could use an exit or a check statement or a continue statement based on which is best suited to your code.

Regards,

Urmila

0 Kudos

HI,

exit didnt work. bcoz even without it i am coming come out. stop gave a dump.

continue is not useful bcoz it is not in a loop.

my scenario is that i set the status to 51.(not posted)based on a check.

when come out of the exit, standard program again sets it on its own.

finally i get 51 and then 53. application data is also posted.

how to make it so that the status remains 51.

please help me

pawan

0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Try in this way, try to update the status of IDOC to 51 only your certain condition fails and exit, else just let the application execute normal way.

If condition fails

status 51

leave list processing.

else

normal execution

endif.

Hope this should work, i used it number of times

Shylesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also use transaction code BD10 and BD11 to send and get material. Check if if these transactions code are useful for you.

Regards

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I used the function module 'IDOC_STATUS_WRITE_TO_DATABASE'

for change the status of IDOC.U can pass the Idoc number and Status to this fun. module to change IDoc status. It affect the table entries in EDIDC.

Regards,

sek s

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all of u,

i got it by raising an exception which i didnt do before.

now after setting the status to 51, if the exception 'ERROR' is raised, the idoc processing will end.

thanks to all,

pawan.