Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Idoc processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi folks,

I got one requirement to upload the data... I get the data in the form of flat files in application server. I have to take that file from the application server, process the data and upload that data into sap system.....

Actually they asked to use the LSMW with FIDCCP02 idoc method to upload the data but they changed the spec and asked me to write a program to upload the data in the same fashion ( because it includes the data for two applications one is open AR items and so on...) can anyone guide me how to write the code for this.....

Thanks a lot for the anticipation

SRI

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the steps are quite straightforward to follow. Here they are:

1. While running LSMW, goto Settings->IDoc inbound processing

2. The first requirement is a file port for the file transfer. If required, create a port of the file type via

Maintain ports. To do this, position the cursor on "File" and press Create. You should be in change mode. SAP recommends:

PORT: LSMW

NAME: Legacy System Migration Workbench

VERSION: 3 (IDoc record types SAP Release 4.x)

OUTBOUND FILE: Please enter a (dummy) physical directory and a file name, i.e. ‘filelsmw’

3. As an addition, you can specify a tRFC port. This port is required, if you do not want to create a file during data conversion but submit the data in packages directly to function module IDoc_Inbound_Asynchronous. SAP recommends:

PORT: assigned by the system

VERSION: 3 (IDoc record types SAP Release 4.x)

RFC DESTINATION: Name of R/3 System

NAME OF PORT: Legacy System Migration Workbench

4. Then the partner type should be defined or selected. SAP recommends:

PARTNER TYPE: "US" (User)

5. Finally a partner number should be defined or selected. SAP recommends:

PARTNER NUMBER: LSMW

PARTNER TYPE: US

PARTNER STATUS: A (active)

TYPE: US

LANGUAGE: EN or DE

PERSON IN CHARGE: your user id

6. Activate IDoc inbound processing, confirm with YES (to be done once for each system)

Refer to this blog .

/people/hema.rao/blog/2006/09/14/lsmw--step-by-step

<b>Reward points</b>

Regards

0 Kudos

SKK

I am not looking for the idoc programming through lsmw... i want to write a report program in the same fashion to upload the data.....

anyone has sample program for this........or can anyone guide me how to write it plz