Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound idoc- distribution model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it mandatory to create distribution model for inbound idoc processing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally you create a distribution model on the outbound side and distribute it to the receiving system. It also depends on what scenario you are working with ?

regards,

Advait

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is required to maintain a Distribution Model for the Inbound Processing.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally you create a distribution model on the outbound side and distribute it to the receiving system. It also depends on what scenario you are working with ?

regards,

Advait

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Mine is inbound scenario.

Sender is XI system

Receiver is R/3 system.

Do i need to maintain distribution model for this?

1.As per my knowledge, distribution model is only created in outbound scenario? In inbound scenario why distribution model is not created?

2.On the outbound side, after generating partner profiles we get SYNCH SYNCHRON in outbound partner profile. My question is there any setting to generate partner profiles on inbound side also?

or else SYNCH SYNCHRON will be for only outboud?

Please clarify........

0 Kudos

Nope, it is not needed.

0 Kudos

Hi surya,

Creation of Distribution model is done only in the ALE configuration that is when the IDOC's needs to be transmitted between 2 SAP R/3 systems, in your case you are receiving the IDOC from XI system you need not create the distribution model.

You are using an EDI model and not an ALE model.

Thanks,

Mahesh.