Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implicit enhancements in Basis Components

dhorions
Contributor
0 Kudos

Recently I implemented some implicit enhancements in a function of function group SUPRN. This function group is part of the package S_PROFGEN. For this package the flag 'Package not extendable' is not set. S_PRFOGEN is part of the package BASIS. The BASIS package has the flag 'Package not extendable' set.

Now I am trying to do the same thing for function group BTCH.

This Function group is part of package SBTI. For package SBTI the flag 'Package not extendable' is not set. It is also part of the BASIS package.

When I try to implement an implict enhancement for the function BP_JOB_COPY, I get the message :

Object FUGR BTCH is part of the central basis and therefore cannot be enhanced
Exception of class CX_ENH_CENTRAL_BASE_NOT_ENHA

Can anyone explain why I can't enhance function group BTCH, but I can enhance function group SUPRN.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

same issue while trying to enhance FUGR SCDO which belongs to SZD which does not have the package extendable flag set but the superior package BASIS has this flag set . Same error message . Can you please let me know if you got around the error

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

same issue while trying to enhance FUGR SCDO which belongs to SZD which does not have the package extendable flag set but the superior package BASIS has this flag set . Same error message . Can you please let me know if you got around the error

0 Kudos

Maybe [this thread|; will shed some light on things.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I had implemented an implicit enhancement to function group IPAR. This group is a part of package ILOM and the flag of Package not extendable of this package is not set. I think maybe the reason is this flag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are working in ECC60, see function module "SUBST_CHECK_CENTRAL_BASIS" to see what are the package that classifed as 'Central Basis' object.

-Ann-