Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc triggering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on an Interface which has to send out material master fields and some fields which are to be obtained by calculations from fields of 3 different tables (keph kekp marm).

Can I activate change pointers to the custome message type I will be creating with basic type as MATMAS05 and custom extension type.

Can anybody explain me the steps for populating the custom fields and triggering the idoc creation, whenever there is a change in the material master data of materials from a particular plant and of particular type.( finished and semi-finished goods).

Thanks and regards

Pratyusha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusha,

Check this links:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek

PS: Award points if helpful

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusha,

Check this links:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek

PS: Award points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusha,

Check Ferry Lianto's reply in this link for Change pointers.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusha,

Here is another link with steps:

http://www.supinfo-projects.com/fr/2005/idocs_2_en/1/

Regards,

Vivek

laxmanakumar_appana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check these steps :

1.Go to the Data Element of the field and check whether change doucment option is checked or not .

2.change the value of the field and check the entries in CDHDR and CDPOS.here u can check the change document object and table .

3.check BDCP table also incase of ALE.The program RBDMIDOC generates IDOc when there is an entry in BDCP.

if not check the following config

1.BD61- change pointers activated -generally

2.BD50 -Activate change pointers for ur message type

3.BD52 - add the triggering fields and corresponding tables and change document object.

Please check the entries in BDCP table ,if u find the entries execute the program RBDMIDOC

check this link for idoc enhancement details :

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/channels/applications/feature/archive/kasturi.jhtml

Regards

Appana

0 Kudos

Thank you for the answers. But my problem is that the custom fields that I need to send are not present in SAP tables. They need to be calculated from 3 different tables and should be populated.

I used an exit for this, but I am not able to generate the idoc with custom fields using change pointers. Only the basic data is getting created.

Thanks

pratyusha

0 Kudos

IDoc triggering from change pointers does not allow evaluation of the data changed, only the fields. There are two ways to handle this:

1. Trigger IDoc creation on all changes to relevant fields for all materials, then set up the filter in the distribution model to only allow those which meet your criteria.

2. Create a copy of the standard function MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_MATMAS and add your own code to evaluate the data being changed. Then set up the message type to use your custom function when processing change pointers.