Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC testing: how to upload sample IDOC xml file while outbound IDOCtesting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

can any one tell me , how to upload a sample XML idoc xml(data) file while Outbound IDOC testing;

in WE19 tcode ( insted of manually entering the sample data, i have to import the sample XML/text file into the idoc fields). say IDOC is MATMAS.

Thanks in advance;

Kumar

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not come across any option available in WE19 which allow us to upload xml instead of using idoc number. You can upload the xml document then convert it into idoc by using FM idoc_xml_from_file, then use the idoc number generated to debug in WE19.

Thanks,

Asit Purbey.

0 Kudos

Hi Asit Purbey,

can you clearly explain, how to upload the file and how can i genetare the IDOC no?

i have seen that function module IDOC_XML_FROM_FILE, in that it is required a port no, what exactly it is, and what type of port is it?

suppose i am having a XML/TEXT file with IDOC data, how can i upload it into the server and how can convert it into the IDOC and how can i generate the IDOC no for outbound testing?

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi check below link to convert the xml file to idoc.

Thanks,

Asit Purbey.