Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*IDOC INBOUND ( NON SAP system ->> SAP system )*

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am transferring IDOC INBOUND ( NON SAP system ->> SAP system ) by calling SAP standard funtc module IDOC_INBOUND_SINGLE using SAP JCo.

In which I am passing all necessary information in Control Record regarding sender and receiver port/IDOC/segment etc.

BUT help me to clarify my doubt that if i am calling a function and i am able to access SAP FM, then why i have to specify the SAP port/RFC connection at RECEIVER end in WE21.

Whats the Significance if i am calling the FM from same SAP system and configuring the port explicitly in WE21.*

If i don't Specify in we02 i am getting error as EDI : RECEIVER PORT in CONTROL RECORD is INVALID

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

Thanks for sharing this useful piece of information.

BUT my query is that I am able to access SAP standard FM IDOC_INBOUND _SINGLE using SAP JCo through my NON sap system and it is generating IDOC with errors.

(FYI : my data flow is NON SAP system --> SAP System )

So why i have to explicitly define PORT in my receiver SAP system in WE20, as at my receiver SAP end i am able to access this FM ( IDOC_INBOUND _SINGLE ).

So ideally i should'nt have to specify PORT in SAP system.

Hope i redact my query well enough.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the IDOC Port. and port assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shiv,

Thanks for replying.

At receiver end I have SAP. For which i have configured my port and RFC connections and tested the connection which is successful. If Test is successful and firstly error should'nt come as i can see in WE02.

Secondly, when i am accessing my Same SAP system for calling FM : IDOC_Inbound_SINGLE through Jco. then FM is sucessful executed and IDOC added ( despite IDOC status 52). So WHY i need to specify PORT in we21 for my receiver END ? ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me out on the above query.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Port is the name of channel by which the SAP system exchanges data with an external system. This allows SAP to understand about the type of external system that's going to receive/send data from/to SAP. To know abount different port types and their usage, you can go through the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b7f5643d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Sourav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

Thanks for sharing this useful piece of information.

BUT my query is that I am able to access SAP standard FM IDOC_INBOUND _SINGLE using SAP JCo through my NON sap system and it is generating IDOC with errors.

(FYI : my data flow is NON SAP system --> SAP System )

So why i have to explicitly define PORT in my receiver SAP system in WE20, as at my receiver SAP end i am able to access this FM ( IDOC_INBOUND _SINGLE ).

So ideally i should'nt have to specify PORT in SAP system.

Hope i redact my query well enough.

0 Kudos

Hi,

For Idoc communacation both systems (SAP-SAP or SAP-Non SAP) must be trusted partners. Ports(WE21) and partner profiles(WE20) are configured in the SAP system to allow only those external systems to receive / send data that are under certain agreement.

For example, you have non SAP system A and there is another non SAP system B. Now both these systems can access RFC enabled function modules to send Idocs to SAP. But as per the agreement SAP system will only allow Idocs from system A.

So in this case port and partner profile will only exist for system A and not for B. No Idoc will be generated in SAP system even if system B calls the function module IDOC_INBOUND _SINGLE.

Best Regards,

Sourav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Sourav.

*And hope you are sure about : "No Idoc will be generated in SAP system even if system B calls the function module IDOC_INBOUND _SINGLE.".

Let me also check the above stated scenario.

Again, Thanks buddy.

-- regards,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sree,

For Basic understanding of IDOC read : saptechnical - Step-by Step ALE IDOC guide ( all necessary TCodes available here )

Kindly let me know your data flow .

In short :

As per my scenario the data flow is from non SAP to SAP i,.e. Inbound processing.

At my non SAP i am calling SAP standard function IDOC_INBOUND_SINGLE using SAP Jco 2.1.

You have to fill all Control Structure EDI_DC40 ( port etc. ) and Table parameter EDI_DD40 ( segment etc. )

Read IDOC status and error in WE02.

Goodluck.

- Aakash