Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC goes to Status 26 when number of segment go above 220000.

Chintu6august
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have requirement i need to send IDOC with maximum 400000 segments.

when i am trying to send IDOC will 220000 segments, IDOC is triggering successfully.

when segment count is > 220000 IDOC Goes in to Status 26.

i have checked i am not missing any mandatory segment. Please help me to resolve this issue and what could be the possible reason which push IDOC in status 26.

thanks

Aditya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jigang_Zhang张吉刚
Active Contributor

Hi Aditya,

Could you please check your system error log at IDOC's status records just below return code 26.

In my case, the segment limit is defined as 999 for this segment. More than this number will lead to Code 26.

Maybe you can go to WE30 and check your definition of this Maximum number.

Jimmy

7 REPLIES 7

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Status 26 is a "IDoc syntax error". It means that one of the segments is incorrectly defined, positioned, or one mandatory segment is missing, etc. I don't think it's a problem of number of segments (otherwise that would imply a SAP bug).

NB: I guess the maximum is 1 million of segments, so 400000 should work, but maybe you could think of a special way of transferring instead of IDoc, by using compression, etc. But of course I don't know your context.

Chintu6august
Contributor
0 Kudos

@sandra.rossi thanks for the quick reply. Is there any efficient way to send the on daily basis instead of IDOCs using ABAP??

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know your context.

Jigang_Zhang张吉刚
Active Contributor

Hi Aditya,

Could you please check your system error log at IDOC's status records just below return code 26.

In my case, the segment limit is defined as 999 for this segment. More than this number will lead to Code 26.

Maybe you can go to WE30 and check your definition of this Maximum number.

Jimmy

Chintu6august
Contributor
0 Kudos

@sandra.rossi: Hi,

My Scenario:

Daily via batch job we use to extract data from EQUI table based on the fields changed on and changed by. after that we extract CDPOS CDHDR data for those serial numbers and some other tables are there.

then we consolidate all the data in IDOC and send to third party SNDB System.

I want to know is there any way other than IDOC where we can monitor the sent data to the third party system.

Thanks

Aditya

Chintu6august
Contributor
0 Kudos

@jimmy.zhang3 Thanks Jimmy yes issue was due to segment was repeating more than maximum number defined in IDOC type.(WE30).

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You probably know many protocols to transfer data and many ways to compress data (idoc, rfc, xml, http, file, ftp, zip, gzip, targz, etc.) You probably have EAI software or things like that. So, I meant, maybe one of these solutions better fit to transport the huge volume. You're the only one who can choose the best solution according to your architecture.