Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Extension Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

i am trying to extend standard Idoc DELVRY03 to add a z segment to it.i want it to be a child segment of E1EDL20 but i want it to be right at the bottom after E1EDL54.can this be done?i tried adding it to E1EDL20 and it stays right at the top of it i want it at the bottom i can have it as a child to E1EDL54.but as i said i want it to be a child of E1EDL20 and be the last segment.Please if someone can suggest something it would be great.

Thanks a lot in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of trying to select E1EDL20 and create Z segment as a child, try selecting E1EDL54 and add the new one at the same level, instead of child level.

Srinivas

4 REPLIES 4

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

I also had a similar requirement to extend a IDoc. But Unfortunately it will came as the first child element only. I Do not think that it is possible to add a child segment at the end position.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of trying to select E1EDL20 and create Z segment as a child, try selecting E1EDL54 and add the new one at the same level, instead of child level.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Thanks for the quick replies as always. Srinivas when you try to click on the segment and click new, it by default gives you a messages saying "the nee segment will be added as a child to E1EDL54". i know earlier it used to give you options to put it at the same level/child.i wonder if i am doing something wrong.

Let me know if you can think of something.i have tried going through all the options of adding it there and cant think of any.if you can create one succeddfully at that level please let me know.

thanks a lot again

0 Kudos

You are right Sanket, it is not giving that option. I looked at the long text of that message. Here it is.

"The segment type or the segment type tree is inserted as the child of the selected segment type E1EDL54. <u>Extension segment types cannot be appended to a reference segment type at the same level.</u>"

So I guess there is no way to do it, except to copy the whole IDOC type and call it new, instead of using the existing one and extending it.

Srinivas