Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam getting this error in quality

External segment name YXXX_MAN cannot be interpreted.

It works fine in development .

Any help is appreciated.

Rhea.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think External IDOC Segment field YXXX_MAN is not enhanced in QA.

Or the Enhanced object for IDOC Segment field is not moved to QA.

Regards,

Nandha

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please give more details to get the answer quickly.

Is this an extension of any IDOC or Standard IDOC type or Custom Idoc type?

If it is extension, check if the extended segment is moved to the quality system without any errors, the same if it is custom basic type.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rhea,

I believe your IDOC is in 26 status if it is an outbound IDOC. Your custom IDOC segment might not have been transported to quality system and you might be populating the data in the program, so only you are facing this problem.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

It was working fine earlier in prod and quality and recently i did some changes(not to segment def or anything such ) . The prog is for creating idocs now i added the processing of the idocs in the same prog.

Its an inbound idoc.

rhea.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check the processing program of the inbound idoc, see the error number and message class and use the SE91 transaction select that message number and do the where used list to find where the error is thrown exactly.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the prog which creates the idocs and processes it by picking up the file from unix.

I put the file on unix and ran it through the normal job steps eliminating the one part that processes the idoc since we added this to the code.

The idocs that were created ended in error. There were 482 created and they had a status of 56 that says External segment name YXXX_MAN cannot be interpreted.

But even more odd is that I used transaction BD87 to try to reprocess one of the failed idocs. It changed the status to status 64 (ready to be processed). Then I ran BD87 again and it actually processed that idoc successfully.

We should not need to do the BD87 step 2 times after because that defeats the point of processing the idoc within the program.

Its fully custom one and is working fine from quite some time.

Rhea.

Edited by: rhea on Nov 19, 2008 2:01 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

If it working in devlopment the logic is perfect....Plz check if any one changed the segments in quality, i do feel rarely anyone can change but plz cross check the basic idoc type and segments..

Regards,

Nagaraj

0 Kudos

Hi Rhea,

In the quality server goto SE12 transaction and open the structure YXXX_MAN and check, whether it is available or not. Also check whether the extension of your idoc is correctly coming in the extension field of the idoc.

In WE82 transaction whether the message type, basic type and extension combination is maintained correctly or not.

You need to check all the above combination and you can find something is missing in the above.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think External IDOC Segment field YXXX_MAN is not enhanced in QA.

Or the Enhanced object for IDOC Segment field is not moved to QA.

Regards,

Nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved